Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Boogie Down a la Rimbaud

I am one of those annoying people who is always wearing headphones. Unless I'm in actual conversation with someone, I am rarely far from my music, which over three decades, has led to an amount only measurable by copious.
I am also one of those people who, when on a bike, don't ride so much as race. Under the iPod, I feel like I'm gliding in slow-motion over the city to my own personal soundtrack.
A side affect of this whole phenomenon is the St. Vitus dance I do while in public, limbs and phalanges atwitch. It takes all the willpower I have not to jump up and down in the vegetable aisle, tracing the shapes of the produce with my bobbing head.


On the turntable: Gov't Mule, "Life Before Insanity"
On the nighttable: Anodea Judith, "Eastern Body, Western Mind"
On the reel table: "A Very Long Engagement" (Jeunet, 2004)

No comments: